Junior Account Manager (Helderberg)
Are you hard-working, dedicated and creative? Does social justice rock your world? Are you all about making South Africa a better place and encouraging others to do the same? We’re looking for a junior account manager to assist in telling the stories of South Africa’s change-makers.
The position of junior account manager will require the successful applicant to be able to liaise with and grow relationships with existing and potential clients as well as be able to build and maintain relationships with relevant media on behalf of clients.
The candidate will be expected to responsibly and independently organize and administrate on behalf of Coz It Counts, with a focus on outcomes.
The position requires a high level of experience with social media, as the successful applicant will be required to develop and implement tactical plans on various platforms including Facebook, Twitter and WordPress sites for our clients.
The candidate will research and construct a numerous press releases and articles per month. This will require an independent and responsible worker with a keen eye for editing and article construction.
Due to the nature of the work, the successful candidate must be an independent and self-driven individual who can focus and achieve tasks without constant supervision.
A relevant degree in journalism, PR or communications ideally with a minimum of 1 year experience working in journalism or PR
- Excellent English writing, editing and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to work individually and as part of a team
- A positive attitude, enthusiastic and motivated
- Good media contacts and an excellent understanding of South Africa’s media landscape
- Excellent media liaison skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent client liaison skills
- Social media savvy with the ability to generate content for social media platforms
- The ability to multitask and prioritise activities
- WordPress and Photoshop experience
- Own transport
- Strong general administrative skills
- Strong media relationships
- NPO experience
- A passion for social media and decent Klout scoring in your personal capacity
If this sounds like you, send a three page CV, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close 10 November.